Q:What is CSTRDLP?
A Consortium of Science & Technology (S&T) and Research & Development (R&D) Libraries of Pakistan (CSTRDLP) is developed for promoting resource sharing among libraries through up-grading libraries standard and capacity building of librarians in order to facilitate scientific research community. In addition to that, tools such digital repository of indigenous S&T material and Union Catalogue Public Access Catalogue (Union OPAC) PakCat of books available in Pakistani libraries will be developed.
Q: How can our organization be the part CSTRDLP?
- The participating organization should have a library with having collection of at least 5000 (Negotiable).
- The participating organization should have a librarian holding library & information science degree (Necessary).
- Technical services should be offered by the library (i.e. Cataloguing and classification)
- Organization will perform a role in PASTIC consortium (Consortium of S&T and R&D libraries of Pakistan)to serve the library collection.
- Organization will allow to OPAC data for developing Union OPAC of Pakistani libraries to PASTICthrough Inter-library loan policy with other libraries. (kindly check out the Inter-library loan policy)
Note: Kindly fill the Performa to become member. Request Proforma for PASTIC Consortium (CSTRDLP)
Q: Is there any Contribute for being member of CSTRDLP?
- You may contribute through share your library data for PakCat (Union OPAC).
- You may contribute through abstract leave data of your digital repository.
Q: Are there any trainings/workshops offered by CSTRDLP?
Yes, we offer trainings/workshops for Librarians and research scholars
- Library Automation
- Library digitization
- Information literacy skills
- Searching techniques
- Citation tools
Q: what are the benefits of joining CSTRDLP?
A: After joining this consortium, The Consortium will provide:
- Access to largest network of libraries in Pakistan
- Library management system (Koha) along with hosing services (free)
- Library data migration and backup services for Koha ILS (free)
- Access to Union Catalogue for:
- Resource sharing
- Avoiding duplication of resources
- Overcoming financial constraints
- Access to scholarly material through digital repository of indigenous literature(free)
Q:Which type of libraries become member of CSTRDLP?
A: Yes, any library can become a member of First-ever Biggest Consortium of Pakistani Libraries i.e.
- University & Colleges
- Scientific Organizations
- Special Libraries
- Public libraries
Q: what is Security of data on PASTIC Koha Cloud?
A: PASTIC Koha Cloud Members Can take backup any time from Koha Instance for method: